Fourth Annual Li Ning Dissertation Proposal Grants of IACMR
(Deadline: March 1, 2013)
• Corporate governance of different types of Chinese firms such as state-owned firms, family firms and publicly-listed firms
• Entrepreneurship in China抯 emerging market
• Knowledge search, spillovers and innovation
• Internationalization of Chinese firms
• Competition and cooperation between domestic firms and foreign firms
• Ethics, corruption and corporate social responsibility
• Business leadership in the transitional era in China, or indigenous models of Chinese business leadership and their functioning mechanisms
• The balance of harmony and conflict in managing Chinese employees
• Social capital and guanxi in the evolving Chinese economic, social, and cultural contexts
When submitting your application, the packet should include the following:
• An abstract of the proposal (less than 150 words).
• The proposal should include a summary of the research problem(s) and research question(s), relevant literature on the issue(s), key hypotheses with major theoretical arguments, the research methods, and the expected completion date. The entire proposal should be 7 pages with your biography as the first page and citations/budget as the last page (no more than ten citations). It must be single-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-pitch font size.
• A signed letter (PDF file with the advisor’s signature) from a faculty advisor commenting on your research potential and affirming that you are working on the dissertation proposal and that you do not have an approved dissertation proposal at this time.
The proposals will be evaluated by the members of IACMR Research Committee and other experienced scholars in the management area. The criteria for assessing the proposals include a) relevance to the theme of Context-Sensitive Management Research in China, b) interestingness and novelty, c) clarity of exposition, d) adequacy of the research methods, and e) potential theoretical, empirical and practical contributions.
Submit the proposal and the signed faculty letter (with file names: your-name-proposal and yourname-letter) electronically to Dr. Haiyang Li and Dr. Xu Huang, Co-Chairs of the IACMR Research Committee (on or before March 1, 2013), at email address email@example.com. Award decisions will be announced by April 15, 2013.