Winners of 2017 IACMR/Emerald China Doctoral-Research Publication Awards
Dear IACMR Members,
We received 65 applicants for this the 2017 IACMR/Emerald China Doctoral-Research Publication Awards. The requirements for the award were that the first author be a doctoral student and that the work be published. Applications were received from students at universities across China including Peking University, Tsinghua University, Fudan University, Tongji University, Nanjing University, Zhejiang University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Nankai University, Tianjin University, Sun Yat-sen University and Xiamen University. The awards committee led by Professor Wu Liu from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University spent over one month to review the articles submitted. Now we are pleased to announce the following winners of the 2017 IACMR/Emerald China Doctoral-Research Publication Awards.
Two Winning Articles:
1. “Family Involvement in Middle Management and Its Impact on the Labor Productivity of Family Firms” in Management and Organization Review, doi: 10.1017/mor.2018.5
Authors: Qiongjing Hu, Yanlong Zhang, and Jingjing Yao.
Quiongjing Hu (胡琼晶) is a student at Peking University.
2. “Do emerging countries prefer local knowledge or distant knowledge? Spillover effect of university collaborations on local firms” in Research Policy 46(7), 1299-1311
Authors: Shumin Qiu, Xielin Liu, Taishan Gao
Shumin Qiu (邱姝敏) is a student at Tsinghua University.
Three Highly Commended Articles
1. “How Do Leaders React When Treated Unfairly? Leader Narcissism and Self-Interested Behavior in Response to Unfair Treatment” in Journal of Applied Psychology, 102(11), 1590-1599
Authors: Haiyang Liu, Jack Ting-Ju Chiang, Ryan Fehr, Minya Xu, Siting Wang
Haiyang Liu (刘海洋) is a student at Peking University.
2. “When Online Reviews Meet Sales Volume Information: Is More or Accurate Information Always Better?” in Information Systems Research, 28(4), 723-743
Authors: Yang Liu, Juan Feng, Xiuwu Liao
Yang Liu (刘洋) is a student at Xi’an Jiaotong University.
3. “Selection of risk response actions with consideration of secondary risks” in International Journal of Project Management, 36(2), 241-254
Authors: Fei Zuo, Kailing Zhang
Fei Zuo (佐飞) is a student at Shenyang Aerospace University.
The lead author of the winning papers each will receive 8,000 RMB to support their research, and the lead author of the commended articles each receives 4,000 RMB. In addition, the winners receive complimentaryIACMR membership (or extended one-year membership), which will include a subscription to Management and Organization Review, for 12 months. They will also be offered by Emerald a subscription to Chinese Management Studies.
We would like to thank the following award committee members for their great effort reviewing and assessing the applications.
Wu Liu, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Macro committee members:
Chung Chi-Nien, Singapore National University
David H. Zhu, Arizona State University
Micro committee members:
Yuan Jiang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Yujie (Jessie) Zhan, Wilfrid Laurier University
IACMR and Emerald Publishing