New World, New Opportunity, and New Approaches to Building World-Class Business Schools
2011 IACMR Business Meeting at AOM
Marriott Rivercenter, Salon K, San Antonio
5:30 to 7:30 pm
Sunday August 14, 2011 (appr.70 attendees)
- IACMR Current Status Report (Jia Lin)
IACMR co-President Professor Jia Lin Xie started the meeting and gave a brief history of IACMR, the major activities and publications, and the current status of membership. She then provided information on the MOR debut impact factor (SSCI impact factor = 2.806). Jia Lin then reported on the launch of the Chinese Management Review (CMR), which is aiming at providing summaries of articles published in MOR or other top tier journals.
- Review of activities in the past year
1) IACMR co-President Professor Jing Zhou summarized two methods workshops in Xiamen and Taiwan
2) IACMR senior VP Professor Chao Chen reported on the membership survey, results, and actions taken to addressed the gap that came up in the survey
3) IACMR 2012 conference program chair/VP Larry Farh reported on the progress of the conference preparation
Dean Summit (5:45 to 7:25 pm) (90-minute speeches and 10-minute Q/A).
Theme: New World, New Opportunity, and New Approaches to Building World-Class Business Schools
Speakers: Mr. Shi Wang, Chairman of the Board of Directors of China Vanke Co., Ltd.
Dr. P. Christopher Earley, Dean of School of Business, University of Connecticut
Dr. Bill Glick, Dean of Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University
Dr. Yingyi Qian, Dean of School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University
Dr. John A Quelch, Dean of China Europe International Business School(CEIBS)
Dr. Lin Zhou, Dean of Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
IACMR reception followed at 7:30pm in the same hotel.
Minutes prepared by Eva Yao.