List of Winners, 2008 Third Biennial Conference, Guangzhou, PRC.
Distinguished Contribution Award
Andrew G. Walder, Stanford University
Wiley-Blackwell Management and Organization Review Young Scholar Award
Wenhong Chen, Duke University
Distinguished Executive Award
Li Ning, Li Ning Company Limited
Best Conference Macro Paper Award
Chi-Nien Chung, National University of Singapore and Xiaowei Luo, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
for "Institutional Logics or Agency Costs:
The Influence of Corporate Governance Models on Business Group
Restructuring in Emerging Economies"
Best Conference Micro Paper Award
Ya-Ru Chen, Cheung Kong Graduate School of
Business, Xiao-Ping Chen, University of Washington and Rebecca Portnoy,
Washington State University
for "To Whom Do Positive Norm and Negative
Norm of Reciprocity Apply? Effects of Inequitable Offer, Relationship,
and Relational-self Orientation"
Best Student Paper Award
Nan Zhou, University of Pennsylvania
for "Institutional Environment and Diversification of Chinese Listed Firms: An Investigation of H-Share Firms"
Awards Committee Members, 2008 Conference, Guangzhou, PRC.
* John Child, University of Birmingham, U.K. (Chair)
* Soon Ang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
* Ingmar Bjorkman, Swedish School of Economics, Finland
* Joseph Galaskiewicz, University of Arizona, U.S.A.
* Marshall Meyer, University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
* Rosalie L. Tung, Simon Fraser University, Canada