ACADEMIC STAFF RECRUITMENT FOR 2020
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
XIAMEN UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA
Xiamen University (XMU), established in 1921 by renowned patriotic overseas Chinese leader Mr. Tan Kah Kee, is the first university founded by an overseas Chinese in the history of modern Chinese education. As one of the China’s leading research universities, XMU ranks 12th among mainland China universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2018.
Xiamen University Malaysia (XMUM) is an internationalized branch campus set up by Xiamen University. Being the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia, XMUM aspires to become a university with a distinct global outlook, featuring first-class teaching and research, and embracing cultural diversity. The university aims to nurture young talents with dignity and wisdom, turning them into fine citizens of the region who will contribute to the prosperity of the people and social progress of Malaysia, China and Southeast Asia.
XMUM is now seeking highly motivated, committed and qualified individuals for the positions of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in the School of Economics and Management to join our diverse and dynamic faculty.
• Applicants must possess a PhD degree in a related discipline
• Track record in research, ability to contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, through high-quality international publications and/or attracting competitive external research grants in the related field
• Evidence of high quality teaching ability
• Ability to supervise undergraduate and/or postgraduate students for final year/research project
• Outstanding English communication skills
• Indication of the capacity to engage as a member of committees for the University community
• Ability to contribute to the administrative duties and governance at any or all of school, faculty or University level
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively with staff and students
FULL-TIME ACADEMIC POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Applicants with specific teaching and research interests in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
Professional Values and Ethics
Public Sector Accounting
Human Resource Management
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
International Business Management
Other Related Areas
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit a digital application packet to:
The subject line of your email must include: your name, relevant academic discipline, and the specific position for which you are applying for. All application packets must include the following attachments:
1) Your detailed and current CV with publications (*asterisk to indicate corresponding author including indexing and quartile);
2) Cover letter (indicate source of job advertisement);
3) Evidence of academic qualifications: Bachelor, Master & PhD Certificate; Bachelor, Master & PhD Transcripts;
4) 3-5 Full-Text Publications.
5) Teaching evaluation (if applicable);
6) Two academic references (at least one of them is the applicant’s current/most recent employer).
• We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be notified.
• Anticipated commencing date: February 2020 / March 2020 / September 2020
• Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
• Welcome to visit http://www.xmu.edu.my for more details.