The conference will be hosted by:
Curtin Business School, Curtin University, Kent Street, Bentley, Perth, Western Australia 6102
Monday, 2 July 2018
Monday, 17 September 2018
Competitive Paper & Panel Proposal Submissions Close
Monday, 1 October 2018
Doctoral Student Colloquium Submissions Close
Monday, 19 November 2018
Monday, 17 December 2018
Early Bird Registration Deadline
Monday, 7 January 2019
Monday, 11 February 2019
Doctoral Student Colloquium Workshop
Monday, 11 February 2019
ANZIBA Welcome Reception
Tuesday, 12 February 2019
ANZIBA Conference Dinner, Conference sessions
Wednesday, 13 February 2019
Note: To be successful, the conference needs reviewers. We hope and expect that submitting authors for ANZIBA will be happy to contribute by being reviewers for the papers of others. Thank you.
Full program to be released at a later date.
Competitive Papers: Style and submission details are provided later in this call for papers.
TRACKS AND TRACK CHAIR:
1. IB under
Dr Htwe Htwe Thein, Curtin University (email@example.com)
Associate Professor Sunil Venaik, The University of Queensland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. China and Emerging
Markets: Opportunities and Challenges
Professor Xiaowen, Murdoch University (X.Tian@murdoch.edu.au)
Internationalisation and Risk
Professor Peter Liesch, The University of Queensland (email@example.com)
5. Global Logistics
and Supply Chains
Dr Elizabeth Jackson, Curtin University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Global Talent Management
Dr Miriam Moeller, The University of Queensland (email@example.com)
Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Associate Professor Hussain Rammal, The University of Technology Sydney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Associate Professor Christof Pforr, Curtin University (email@example.com)
10. Teaching in IB
Dr Subra Ananthram, Curtin University (S.Ananthram@curtin.edu.au)
11. 中国普通话分组会议 Chinese Mandarin Track : MNEs in and from China
Associate Professor Xiaosong Zheng (郑小松 副教授), Shanghai University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr Jizhong Li (Forest) (李季中 博士), Curtin University (email@example.com)
Suitable for focused panel sessions that are held during the conference. These highly specialised sessions explore a common theme. Panel proposals that address the conference theme are especially welcome.
Proposals from research students for participation in the Doctoral Colloquium.
The Doctoral Colloquium (DC) will
be held on Monday, 11 February 2019 at Curtin University’s main
campus – Bentley Campus, Perth, Western Australia. There will be sessions involving presentations by doctoral students (who are registered and accepted for the DC), followed by discussions among all participants and academic mentors. The schedule of presentations by individual participants will be available one week prior to the conference.
About one week before the DC, all participants will receive copies of all the thesis/proposals that will be presented during the DC. It is expected that all DC participants will read every thesis/proposal and participate actively in the discussion.
All submissions will be subject to
a double-blind review process. Further updates will also be available
on the ANZIBA website.
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Professor Fuming Jiang, Head of School, School of Management, Faculty of Business and Law, Curtin University, Bentley Campus, Western Australia (Fuming.Jiang@curtin.edu.au)
DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Dr Jizhong Li (Forest), School of Management, Faculty of Business and Law, Curtin University, Bentley Campus, Western Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Double-spaced, referenced and formatted in conformity with Journal of International Business Studies manuscript submission guidelines. All paper submissions must include a title page stating:
· The track for submission (number and title)
· Title of the paper
· Name of author, institutional affiliation and email address
The second page of the submission should include the title and an abstract not exceeding 200 words, followed by the body of the paper.
Panel proposals must be submitted by the panel chair and include:
· A title page that includes the names and contact information for all participants and identifies their roles.
· An abstract, not to exceed 150-200 words, that summarizes the panel
· An overview statement of the theme of the panel.
· A 1-to-3-page description of the session format (e.g. paper presentations, round table, professional
· development workshop), with paper synopses where appropriate.
· Emails or signed letters from each participant, indicating s/he will participate if the panel is accepted.
· Panel proposals should not be more than 3,000 words inclusive of all materials.
· Each proposal must state, on its front page at the top right, the requested Track (number and title) and Panel Session Format.
· Submissions must be written with double-spaced text and a font size of 11 points or larger.
Doctoral students interested in registering for the DC will submit a maximum 5-page (single spacing) summary of their thesis/proposal with the following details headings:
· Doctoral candidate - name, email, university affiliation, PhD area/discipline, number of years in the PhD program
· Title of the thesis/proposal
· Literature review/motivation for the research
· Research question(s)
· Potential contribution of the study
· Theory underpinning the thesis/proposal, including the theoretical model and the hypotheses that will be tested in the study
· Method – including constructs, measures, data collection, and data analysis
· Preliminary results (if available), and study limitations
For all submissions, please follow the JIBS Style Guide- www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/style_guide.html
Please refer to the ANZIBA Website/ conference event link for submission details.
The submission section will be active from Monday, 2 July 2018.
Included in your conference registration is the ANZIBA Welcome Reception, taking place on Monday,
11 February 2019 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Curtin Medical School Building (#410), Curtin University, Bentley Campus, Perth.
Additional Guests: AUD$40.00 per person.
Included in your conference registration is the ANZIBS Conference Dinner, which will take place on Tuesday, 12 February 2019 7:00pm – 10.45pm in the Astral Room, Crown Hotels, Perth.
Transport from Curtin University can either be via bus or taxi.
Additional Guests: AUD$130.00 per person
Crown Promenade Perth
Great Eastern Highway
Burswood, Perth WA
+61 8 9362 8888
Interstate or toll-free 1800 999 667
**Superior King Room - includes breakfast AUD$225
1 St. Georges Terrace
+61 8 9261 8000
**Deluxe King Rooms AUD$235
The Peninsula Riverside Serviced Apartments
53 South Perth Esplanade
South Perth WA
+61 8 9368 6688
**One Bedroom Apartment AUD$195