Deadline: March 10, 2012
In recognition of IACMR's mission, we wish to confer an award for excellence in the practice of management in the Chinese context. Now we are seeking nominations for the Distinguished Executive Award. This Distinguished Executive award will be made at the 2012 Bi-Annual Conference in Hong Kong (June 20-24, 2012).
The Distinguished Executive Award is for a senior executive who has devoted much of his/her career to the practice of management and is widely recognized for strong leadership with positive firm performance. S/he takes high social responsibility in managing his/her venture, engages in concrete actions addressing concerns for the society's social and natural environments, values learning, and serves as a role model for other leaders. The 2006 winner of this Award was Captain Jiafu Wei of COSCO, the 2008 winner was Mr. Ning Li of the Li Ning Company and the 2010 winner was Lejiang Xu of Baosteel Group Corporation.
To be eligible for nomination, the executive should meet most of the following criteria:
1. Each member of IACMR may nominate up to three candidates for the award.
2. Each nomination must include a letter specifying the full name, company name, contact information, and a brief statement explaining why the nominee deserves the award.
3. Submit the nominations electronically to IACMR Coordinator Red Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 10, 2012.
2011-2012 Distinguished Executive Award Committee
· Weiying Zhang, Peking University (Chair)
· Marshall Meyer, University of Pennsylvania
· Ning Li, Li Ning Company
· Xinchun Li, Sun Yat-san University
· Yuan Li, Shanghai Jiao Tong University· Chao Chen, Rutgers University