Emerald and the IACMR - International Association for Chinese Management Research - are delighted to offer a research grant for a Chinese project in the field of management research. The award will offer £2,000 (approximately US$3,000 equivalent) to fund the winning research project, as well as prizes of £500 for two runners-up.
Applications should address the dissemination of knowledge for the social good with a specific orientation toward benefit for mainland China.
The IACMR are pleased to offer the winner(s) a complimentary membership, which will include a subscription to Management and Organization Review, for a limited time of 12 months. To those who are already IACMR members, their membership will be extended by one year beyond their current membership expiration date. Similarly, Emerald will also offer a subscription to Chinese Management Studies, on the same terms.
We encourage the research team to include at least one researcher who is based in mainland China.
Each application will be judged, by a panel of experts, on the criteria below. The research must:
• Be of significance, and in particular, illustrate how it will benefit the social good.
• Demonstrate originality and innovation.
• Make an outstanding contribution to theory and its application.
• Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the methodology.
• Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
A research proposal must be submitted using the online application form at:
The following documents will be required electronically:
A summary stating specific goals, outcomes and benefits of the
research. This should not exceed 2,000 words (note that tables, figures,
appendices and reference lists, if provided do NOT count to the 2,000
• A covering letter containing full contact details (affiliation, full address, telephone number/s and e-mail address) for all researchers involved in the project. Please state clearly which researcher will be the main point of contact
The 2,000-word summary must:
• Display clearly a statement of purpose and intent
• State clearly the methodology(ies) applied and explicitly describe the research process
• State expected research outcomes and expected impact and possible application
• Specify the expected timescales of the research process
• Outline projected costs and total research grant required
Please note that the decision of the judges is final. Due to the number of submissions we receive, we are unable to provide applicants with feedback on their submissions.
The closing date for applications is 6 January 2013.
Winners will be announced in March 2013.
For further information or if you have any queries, please contact:
Service Development Executive
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Bingley BD16 1WA
Tel: +44 (0)1274 785198
Fax: +44 (0)1274 785200